Conditions for entry in the 2017 Barrie Beehag Ski Race
Race Date: Saturday 25th November 2017
All competitors are requested to provide their SRA picture id Membership Card when signing in when being breath tested. Signing in will be via the bar code on your SRA membership card. All skiers are to present their helmets to the breath testing area.
The entries for the event will be capped to 130 entries and close on Monday 6th November 2017
Your entry fee of $400.00 Includes the following
- $177.50 Race Safe H20 Fee and SRA boat levy
- $222.50 Entry fee, which includes the costs to run the event including SRA sanctioning, Ambulance, administration costs, trophies etc.
Note that there will be a transaction fee (1.5% ) for the use of a Credit Card, when you complete your payment.
It is recommended that at least one Telstra mobile phone be carried in the boat, as this service has been found to provide the best coverage in this area, in the case of an emergency. Please ensure that this number is noted against one of your team members in the event, in the case that we need to contact you urgently.
All boats as per SRA sanctioning are to carry RaceSafe H2O. Further information about this device, where to get mounting kits, where to mount it, and what it can do can be obtained from the SRA website or http://racesafeh2o.com.au/2013/06/19/competitors/
This event will be timed utilising the Race Safe H20 Unit, please ensure that it is fitted correctly. If we are unable to read your unit, you will not receive a time for the event.
ANY BREACH OF MWSC BYLAWS WILL LEAD TO PENALTIES / DISQUALIFICATION AS PER THE DISCRETION OF THE CHIEF JUDGE IN CONSULTATION WITH MWSC OFFICIALS. DECISIONS ARE FINAL, AND WILL BE ACCEPTED BY ALL TEAM MEMBERS AS PER ENTRY FORM.
- Rules The Barrie Beehag Ski Race is conducted under Ski Racing Australia Rules (“SRA”) and Moama Water Sports Club (“MWSC”) Bylaws. All competitors will be conversant with all such RULES and BYLAWS. The MWSC reserves the right to refuse entry to any Competitor at any time prior to commencement of their race.
- Entry to event An entry is not deemed to be accepted till all payments have been made.
- Refunds Full refunds (minus admin fee) only given if notification is given in writing prior to 4pm on Monday 13th November 2017.
- RaceSafe H20 refund given if notification is given in writing prior to the Friday 17th November 2017
- All refunds will incur a $30 admin fee and will be processed to the team captain within two weeks after the conclusion of the event.
- Licence All Competitors must have current SRA approved State Ski Racing Licence and Maritime Licence (or state equivalent).
- Briefing. This will be conducted online ONLY. This will be available from Monday 20th November 2017 to 12 midnight on Friday 24th November 2017. Details will be emailed to the current email address listed with SRA. Please ensure SRA has your current email address by Friday 17th November 2017. A copy of the briefing notes will be sent to team captains, but all members of your team must complete the online briefing. The briefing invitation will be coming from email@example.com, please ensure that we do not go to your your junk / spam folder if you have not received.
- Crew Responsibility Competitors will obey directions from all Officials as per SRA Rules Code of Conduct. It is the responsibility of the entire team to sign in at briefing at the Information area and attend the online briefing. All competitors will be conversant with MWSC Briefing Sheet regulations regarding withdrawals, injuries and recovery of stricken boats. Breaches of these rules may incur disqualification from future MWSC races.
- Alcohol/Drugs Random breath testing/drug testing will be carried out. Alcohol is not permitted to be carried in boats. Consumption of Alcohol is not permitted by Competitors until Boat and Crew are out of the water at Marina. NO Alcohol is to be consumed whilst waiting on beach to enter Marina.
- Boat Regulations Adequate silencing devices must be fitted and noise level must not exceed 85 DBA. SRA Rule 7.5 All competitors must supply number board and numbers. Incorrect board size at the end of racing will incur 10% penalty. No refuelling in the water at any time.
- Notification of numbers available from MWSC after Thursday 16th November 2017. All team captains will be emailed the number, please check with them before contacting the club
- Unforeseen circumstances
MWSC will not be responsible for any delays or cancellation of the event caused by a force majeure event including but not limited to acts of God, fire, war, terrorism, epidemic, earthquake, strike, bad weather, labour controversy, order of court, shortage or interruptions of facilities or material supply.
- Withdrawal No boat is to move along the course once they have ceased racing, until the Sweep Boat has passed displaying the Green Flag stating “River Open”. Any boat moving on course without permission of race control will have complete team disqualified from next MWSC event.
- Substitutions All substitutions are to be in writing via email. No substitutions will take place during the Race (no swapping positions), breach of this rule will incur disqualification.
- Exclusion area. Any boat leaving or entering the exclusion (River Closed) area from 6 am Saturday 25th November to 6pm Saturday 25th November will be disqualified, If after racing will be disqualified from next MWSC event.
- Race Day Report Failure to complete race day reports within 1 hour from completion of racing will see time/result not being posted. Please comply. Any incidents must be reported and if required both SRA and Maritime incident report form filled in and returned with race day report.
- Presentation Failure by team to attend presentation will see all prize money forfeited.
The Barrie Beehag Ski Race is proudly presented by the Moama Water Sports Club Ltd. Any behaviour deemed not to be in the “spirit” of the rules of Water Ski Racing will incur a penalty from the club or SRA.