S80 21 Important

Several factors have led to the Moama Water Sports Club, to make the decision not to run 2021 Southern 80.

The COVID situation in Victoria particularly at present is very fluid and with the uncertainly of social distancing guidelines and NSW border closures the Moama Water Sports Club cannot plan with certainty for the event to take place.

Due to the on-going and complex restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic the board of Ski Racing Australia has decided to further delay the upcoming racing season until July 1, 2021.

Unfortunately, the increased health protocols that have been imposed by the various Health and Police departments  on all organised events require that event organisers be responsible for enforcing compliance with all Covid health protocols not only for participants but also for spectators.

This has led to the very difficult decision by the Moama Water Sports Club to cancel the 2021 Southern 80 which was due to take on the 12th to the 14th February 2021.

We will now start planning for the 2022 event to be held on the 11th to 13th February and we look forward to seeing you at Victoria Park Echuca, under the new Echuca / Moama bridge.